Monday, April 8, 2013

Final Fantasy 7 videos

Despite the epic sounding title, I'm only referring to MAD videos.

To those who do not know the meaning of MAD videos, they are fan made videos on certain games/anime. Unlike AMVs where you don't need a storyline, most MAD videos are parodies, if not mashups of different fandoms.

Sounds awesome, right?

Anyway, today I thought I would like to share some of my favourite MAD videos from Final Fantasy VII. These MAD videos are actually redrawn to fit into anime openings and endings. Yes, you get to see your beloved FF7 characters prancing in an opening theme of an anime. Some of the anime is not very popular, so I'll include the original opening video for your comparison. After watching this, you must admit. They are done really well.

Without further ado, let's begin!

1. Ouran High School Host Club/Final Fantasy VII
Many anime watchers would know this anime. There are many versions, but this one is the one that I like. Feel free to compare them. That's why they are embedded here. In case the video doesn't work, you can always find them on Youtube.

This is the original video:



This is the MAD video:



2. Baccano/Final Fantasy VII
This video is the one that got me started on finding all the MAD videos on FF7. I never watched the anime "Baccano", but I was so impressed with how the creator seamlessly placed everyone in FF7 into this anime opening. So I watched the anime in the end and it was quite enjoyable.

I would want to see this MAD video with One Piece characters. That would be epic :D

This is the original opening (sorry for the scary thumbnail!):



Unfortunately, I can't find the MAD video (because the video is unavailable in my country now). Perhaps you guys have better luck. Just search anything with "Baccano" and "Final Fantasy 7" and you might find it ^^

3. Ghost in the Shell/Final Fantasy VII
We save the best for the last. These last two MAD videos are my favourites, for two reasons. One, again the characters fit the opening video well. Two, the context of FF7 fits the opening songs so. darn. well. You'll know what I mean.

This particular MAD video gave me chills, because of the accuracy of the parallels drawn between Ghost in the Shell and Final Fantasy VII.

Original Video:



MAD Video:


4. Cowboy Bebop/Final Fantasy VII
To those who didn't have the privilege to watch Cowboy Bebop, it is an anime packed full of badass-ness. This anime practically reeks badass and coolness, just retains a small hint of humour. For such a rugged looking opening, the MAD video certainly lived up to its name.

Original video:


Behold! The MAD video... Turks Bebop!!! (*cue for Reno fans to scream*)



And that's it, my little obsession with MAD videos. Go watch them on Youtube, I'm sure there's something for everyone! If you know the anime Durarara, you'll be happy to know that there are hundreds of MAD video on their ending song, "Trust Me". It's a really easy video to edit, I suppose.

Now, if you would excuse me, I wanna go find some One Piece MAD videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment