Monday, August 25, 2014

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: What I Would Like to See

Yes, this is a post that is a result of my procrastination. I'm ashamed of it, but I'm also not going to deny it.

A while ago, I've mentioned about the Final Fantasy VII remake, which you can read about it here. So today, I thought I should finally get down to listing some of the things that I want to see in a remake, if money, time and talent were not a problem. Yup, I'm giving my wishlist in the FF7 remake.

1. Graphics
That was obviously a no brainer. I think the new generation cannot stand seeing hands in rectangular joints, much less cubic-hands. I tried to introduce FF7 to a group of 11 year olds back then. None of them were interested for long. If Square wants to have a remake, a remaster like what they did for FFX will not cut it. I'm not expecting FF13 graphics (though a good amount of fans are), but a remake would be lovely, no doubt.

2. Music
Of course having remade music would be awesome. As much as I love the original soundtrack, I doubt the new generation of gamers would appreciate the good ol' MIDI music. So, naturally it would be wonderful if they could remake the music, but keep the arrangement as it is. The old gamers would love the fact that nothing has changed about what they loved in the old version.

In other news, have you heard of this compilation called "Voices of the Lifestream"? It's a fanmade compilation of remade FF7 music. Some are amazing, some are normal, some sounds good enough to be used in the game itself. Do check it out.

3. Map
An upgrade of the world map would be nice. Not to mention awesome graphics to be changed when Cloud runs on the World Map. Yum. I would just drool thinking about the amazing graphics.

4. Battle system
I love the battle system in FF7, albeit simple. It was user-friendly for the RPG noob that I was, and I would not have it any other way. Camera angle, however, should be more flexible. I'm still okay with turn based and the developers could keep it that way. But you know... Crisis Core and its wonderful action RPG stint was just as amazing. It could be something that the developers would want to explore, but that's just me.

5. Translation
I loved FF7 and its primitve translation. Grammatical mistakes, incoherent conversations abound. Despite all that, it would be suicide to NOT change that. Times have changed, expectations have risen. The translations need to go. Yes, a full revamp would be what the game needs.

Yup, off the top of my head, that's what I'm looking for in an FF7 remake... if EVER. What is your wishlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment