Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Only Exception: Chapter 1

Hello everyone, as you all know by now, I've been working on "I Want To Be A Turk!" and "Days of Exile" for the longest time. However, it's not like I don't write other stuff still. So since all that is left for "Days of Exile" is to be published, I thought I'll start publishing my new one.

When I was younger I saw my daddy cry and cursed at the wind.
Broke his own heart and I watched as he tried to reassemble it.

Since fanfiction has explicitly stated that no musical lyrics, I respect fanfiction and will remove the lyrics. However, here they are over here. The stories are written around the lyrics so I mean, that makes the story extra meaningful, just my opinion.

This plot bunny has been around since 2011, but for some reason I never got down to writing it. Since  2011, I've only written one and a half chapters. Although I have the ideas for the other chapters, I've not written them down yet. Here's to hoping that I will get them out... eventually.

“The Only Exception” is one of my favourite songs from Paramore. Then again, I love many many songs from Paramore, even the more recent ones when they went all mainstream-pop-ish. The stories have a story plot style like that of shoujo manga. That means you need to watch out for superficial plotpoints and way-too-fast-paced story progression. Yes, it IS intentional. 

Also, I'm a little doubtful of my writing in this story. I mean, everyone knows that I've spent the last 3 and a half years writing on two stories based on the Shinra Turks. I'm kinda scared that my characterisation of the AVALANCHE members will be kinda weak. It's time for a brand new journey of learning, nevertheless.

Like how I started “I Want To Be A Turk!”, I began by declaring that the story is updated on a non-committal basis. I've seen what 2014 did to my updating schedule, so no promises.

Anyway, this is four stories of four different characters. Their stories were written to fit the song. It’s AU, obviously. The four stories happen in the same universe. Each story takes about 2-3 chapters, depending on how much I want to write. I originally thought of ending each story in a single chapter, but reading too many words in one sitting kind of befuddles the readers’ comprehension. That's what I think.

Anyway, I hope you will read and review. Finally, a story not centralised on the Turks!

1 comment: