Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Fellow writer to fellow writer

So at my workplace, there was a child the age of 9. When I first met her, she was 7 and she wrote and drew her own picture book one fine day and surprised all my colleagues. I have not read it before and I wished that I would have the chance to.

Two years have passed since I first knew her and I met her again recently.

"Are you still writing?" I asked her.

To that, she shook her head and said that she has become too busy to write.

"But do you enjoy writing?" I probed. A large part of me prayed really hard that she still did and that she was not bogged down by the restrictions of Singapore's examinations.

"Yes, I love writing."

Phew! As long as her passion was still around, she should not give up. And that's what I told her, along with whatever advice I could scramble for her. Notebook of plot bunnies and ideas, writing just 30 minutes a day...

To her, it seemed like an adult telling a child what she thought would be best. Honestly, adult or not, we are all starting and running on the track of writing an awesome work. So when I was talking to her, I found myself talking to her like a fellow writer to a fellow writer. It was a nice feeling and I could not wait to see more people in my life who can step up and say "Let's share our experiences as writers!"

I also hope that this little girl will continue her desire to write.

In other news... I'm supposed to upload my new chapters. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment