Friday, January 27, 2012

I Want To Be A Turk!: Chapter 42

I shall start my author's note with a reference to the title of my new chapter. In A MOMENT OF WEAKNESS, I DID write during the week. Some from "I Want To Be A Turk!", some from the second part of "I Want To Be A Turk!" (i.e. events in FF7), some from stories that are yet to be published. gosh, that sounds mighty 'procrastinative' in my school work side, huh?

Anyway, here's my author's notes on the new chapter.

I was reading back my older chapters and I realised that I DID mention Jasper once (under Chapter 21, "Love"). Did anyone notice? Even I forgot, I only remembered Patricia the (dead) Turk saying that she met a boy who knew their true identities in Bone Village, but I didn't recall writing his name as well. Now you know.

Ah yes, I hope I didn't make you guys dislike Jasper already (after one chapter!!). If I had it my way, I'll most certainly add in a chapter or two more about what happened between Jasper and Meia. Mishaps and mini missions together. Alas, time isn't on my side. Well, time AND the exponentially increasing number of chapters LOOMING behind my back telling me not to extend the story past a hundred chapters :P

It was exciting writing about how Meia felt swayed by Jasper. His sincerity, advocated by her disappointment by Reno's silence, was something i wanted to bring out: Meia is human and will feel swayed. Well, I don't really want to talk about the entire history of how this idea came about but bottom line is this: Yes, Meia was terribly attracted to Jasper, but... will she really fall for him? Stay tuned for the future chapters... or at least, the next chapter :P

Also, I enjoyed writing things in Rude's POV. Rude is a character less explored, and many authors tend to (too easily) describe him as a silent person. I feel that there seems to be more to Rude than he's letting on. That explains the sunglasses :P I don't think that I've nailed Rude's character as well as Reno (not that my portrayal of Reno is flawless but comparatively, Reno is better portrayed than Rude). There aren't many sources explaining what Rude is like.

Actually, for that matter, even Cloud's personality befuddles me. But that's for another time. Or if someone is an expert on Cloud Strife, please PM me!!

Back to Rude. Like i said the previous time, I'm trying to create the opportunity for Rude to have a crush on Tifa so that it wouldn't be too -weird- in FF7, when Rude tells Reno that he likes Tifa. Also, the next chapter and this was supposed to be ONE CHAPTER. but oh well, you know where THAT turned out. XD Just so you know, the next chapter will be short. Like 3500 words short (hurray!) :P

Okay, i shall talk no more :) Thank you for your time and enjoy the weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment