Saturday, December 1, 2012

100th post! + Poem (1): Tactfulness

*pops party cracker*

It's my 100th post! Too bad I couldn't post it on my birthday, just a few days short. It's not like it's gonna be some mind-breaking post anyway.

I saw a particular friend of mine today, she reads A LOT. Like basically everything that's a book, she probably read it. So we spent the better part of the gathering debating and complaining about Eragon and gushing about Hunger Games (Book 1 only). It's really a joy to talk to someone about books, I. Am. Such. A. Nerd.

Then we talked about Fifty Shades of Grey, of which my friend said 'Fifty Shackles of Grey'. He sent us all into fits of laughter. He had no idea then how close he was to basically summarising the entire trilogy :P Anyway, we all tried to understand why it is so good (or so bad). Seeing how everyone is all giving their two cents worth without even reading the book, I've made up my mind.

I shall read Fifty Shades of Grey.

Honestly? (No one cares!) *ahem* I was saying, honestly, I still feel quite apprehensive about the book. But I figured that I'm done speculating and guessing. If I want to know the book so badly? I guess I just have to find out myself. I'm going to start... next year. The end of the year is simply too exciting for me to sit down and read... that.

One thing's for sure... I won't buy the book just to read it :P There are too many friends with the trilogy. I could always borrow.

I leave you with a random poem I came up with:

(Poem has been removed)

(1/12/12)

Okay, so it's not random like I came up with it on the spot, but I had the intention to create it just now, so out it goes. Hope you guys like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment