Sunday, February 24, 2013

Days of Exile: Chapter 20, 21

It has been a while since I posted something fanfiction related, I suppose. Day by day, I'm finding it more difficult to write, because of work and my personal commitments. Nevertheless, I'm still fighting for every minute to write, as long as I have the desire to write, I will.

Wasn't Chapter 20 such a lovely chapter? Not surprisingly, many reviewers reviewed with criticism and doubts about the characters. I would love to say that I've got all the answers, but the truth is that... I DON'T. But one thing is for sure, I've made up my mind to walk down this plot and I hope that you will have the patience with me to walk till the end. Perhaps you might like how things turn out :)

Also, I've mentioned in my review on Eona that I tried out the whole thing of not-always-siding-with-the-protagonist thing into this chapter (and future chapters) so why don't you just give Meia another shot? :P

Don't say I didn't warn you, Chapter 21 onwards will definitely contains parts that you may not like or you may say 'This could've been better if it's this way'. I am also experimenting on my part so I'm afraid yet excited to know how this will turn out. I assure you, the non-Meia parts is still worth reading!

I know many of you will disagree, but I've also made up my mind that I'll bring down the word count of each chapter back to 4500-5000. If you haven't noticed, you guys have been reading close to 6000 word chapters. I don't know about you, but I get really frustrated when the chapter is long. Especially if the story is not as engaging. I really don't have the confidence that you guys will willingly plough through 6000 words and appreciation everything that I've written (even if you assure me again and again!)

At last, this is my review to everyone - because everyone's reviews are almost the same.

Firstly, thank you for putting in the effort to review. I appreciate it. Don’t worry about criticizing, I need a fresh perspective, though it may not mean that I’ll adjust my ways to suit everyone. That being said, of course everyone's reviews are taken for consideration for improvement. Thank you TWA, for reminding me that I've got to show Meia's photographic memory instead of only mentioning it ;P So never hesitate to comment. You never know when your words become the push factor to making someone better.

Just be assured that in the story, everything that everyone had said and done are within my awareness. I am aware of how I’m portraying Meia and everyone in Shinra. Yes, you are free to feel your displeasure at certain people, even protagonists, because it is intentional. :) Hopefully once things unfold and at the end of it, you’ll see things in a different light. 

I'm glad that everyone liked Reeve/Cait Sith. Like what my fellow author redcherryamber said, Reeve is one of the least developed characters in FF7. Hope I can expand his character much deeper.

Lastly, to Cracked: Meia doesn't know what exactly happened to the previous lab assistant. Yes, she'll flip if she knew what happened. But the lab assistant wasn't killed so that Meia could fill in the role, just to clear things up. Shinra wanted the previous one dead already, before Meia even came along. Tseng's decision to take Meia into the Shinra Building was rather spontaneous (read Chapter 6 ^^).

Alright, that's all for the week! Have a great week, my sweet cheeks!

1 comment:

  1. " I've also made up my mind that I'll bring down the word count of each chapter back to 4500-5000"

    Because you're busy as well, am I right?? :)

    ReplyDelete