Sunday, March 10, 2013

Throne of Glass: One's dream that became reality.

Sometime last year, I was in my bookstore looking for Eona, when I saw this particular book, called the 'Throne of Glass' by Sarah J. Maas. Pretty intrigued, I picked it up and brought it home with Eona.

After finishing Eona, I finally looked at this book and thought that it would be a good company for dinner. Then I opened the book and then, I saw the author's thanks:

To all my readers from Fictionpress -

And guess what? I was so surprised, I couldn't begin reading the book.

I know that Fictionpress is probably less notorious than Fanfiction.net in terms of hoarding less-than-decent stories, but still...

Another writer emerges from the Internet!! Apparently Throne of Glass was initially a story on Fictionpress, and now it's fully published, with the sequel on its way.

Those who remembered my thoughts on writers who emerged from fanfiction will know how excited I am about seeing normal people like us get published. And it has slowly become a dream of mine to one day publish something too :)

So anyway, I'm currently halfway through reading Throne of Glass. This post is just a preliminary feeling towards the book. Hopefully after this I can give a detailed and fulfilling review to this book.

This is the book cover I got. Isn't it beautiful???


To those who are wondering: When are you going to publish Chapter 22?...

Soon. Don't be so impatient dearies ;)

3 comments:

  1. If you can publish your own story, well, that will be a great passive income!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I haven't been keeping up with Days of Exile lately (but I plan to get onto that straight away :D), so I feel like I should at least comment on your blog!

    Oh the glorious internet. It truly does hold some of the world's most talented people. Also, I've heard that "His Eyes", another fictionpress story, was published. I'm not as active on FP than I am on FF, so I can safely presume that there's probably a small handful of Fictionpress stories (or at least authors) have been published!

    I'm sure you can also write your own story on FP. You're stories are already original enough to stand on its own without the fandoms!

    ~TWA

    (Also, good luck with your work!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! you better get back to my story before you lose your bearings! I hope I can get my story out someday too :3

      Delete