Sunday, September 11, 2011

Moves Like Jagger + Movie Review (1): Suckseed

Wahaha, in the end I've yet to begin on what I intended to write.

Moves Like Jagger. As of now I'm still at a blank Chapter 2, a skimpy last chapter and I don't really know what I REALLY want to write. Just that I loved listening to the song :3 I believed as of now I've listened to the song at least 20 times (will begin count from here) for writing the story so far... and probably another 20 times more for listening pleasure XDDD

i hope i don't end up being so sick of the song that i stop writing the story altogether :P

Okay, let's get the to-says over and done with :D



(taken from google images)

Suckseed is movie based in Thailand, about a group of musically... disinclined boys who wanted to form a band. When their female childhood friend returns after moving to Bangkok, many funny things happened.

Honestly, when I first saw this poster and my boyfriend suggested watching this, i was thinking... Really? It looked pretty... low budget in my opinion. We had nothing else to do and hence it was unanimous that we'll watch this cute-sy, teenage-y movie.

i totally underestimated this movie. i expected myself to have a good time with all the 'teenage woe' kinda storyplots, and indeed they are. however, i left the cinema with a very warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

the storyline is not bad, really! but the thing that captivated me the most was the character portrayal and development. it was a 2-hour worth of heartache and joy watching the movie. the characters were all portrayed very well, and the protagonists have extremely strong character. The way they walked, they way they stutter or yell... it was nice and crisp. Before the movie reached its halfway mark, I found myself engaged with the characters... i felt the heartache of their rejections, i laughed so hard at their crazy antics. it was as if they were very close to my heart. it was heart-warming to see the characters grow up and reconcile.

what's with these and writing, you say? well... i left the cinema wanting to write like that. I mean, the storyboard did a wonderful job portraying each character in their own quirks. I thought back about people who said that they feel for my characters and i always feel awesome hearing how my reviewers can relate to them easily.

it's just a little... reminder at myself to work harder on my character development. For "I Want to be a Turk!", these words are easier said than done. Meia, being an OC, of course gets the most character development. however sometimes i admit i forget about the other characters... like the BC turks, reno and especially rude... argh... so many people. remind me not to throw in ten people within the first few chapters wahahaha XD

i'm still excited to write "I Want to be a Turk" and I hope that I am able to write everything that I intend to write. I am a little concerned that the story might be so long that my readers will lose interest... =((

P.S: the boyfriend thereafter ended up watching "Suckseed" again with his friends... and he told me that he still enjoyed the movie after watching it the second time. that's a first.

P.P.S: Suckseed is no longer in the cinemas... To the readers who are not in Asia... well... good luck finding the movie :P I highly encourage you to go watch it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment