Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I need time to write!

My post below was absolute rubbish, so don't sue me if it was real boring.

I've been thinking about my other fanfics. I love to write Days of Exile, but there are many times when I feel like I need a break to look at my other stories. There are many stories that I've been hoping to look into but... hasn't happened. Argh. It doesn't help that I've been putting all my effort and energy into Days of Exile. Perhaps mid-2013, I shall write other stories along as well. 

As I've predicted and feared, the new year meant that my workload has increased a little. Not much, but I'm feeling it. Last year, I could afford to return home and write and write. Now, it's harder because I spend that time... falling flat on my bed to sleep.

One tip I figured for myself as I'm juggling the workload is this: Actually, I wake up earlier than usual sometimes. Suppose I can get ready in half an hour but I woke up one hour early, I'll actually devote that time to write. Writing also shakes off my fatigue, because I get my brain thinking. Saying that you'll think of plot ideas while at work is complete hogwash, not my line of job anyway. So the only time I write is early in the morning when I wake up, and right before I sleep, like what I'm doing now.

So to my busy fanfic writers who are also working now, try writing early in the morning. But I guess most of you rather use that time to sleep more...

1 comment: