Monday, January 20, 2014

Let's do that tag again!

So I had quite some fun pondering about the tag for the FF7 fandom. So I decided to do one for the entire FF universe that I've played.

I will be considering FFV, FFVII, FFVIII, FFX, FFX-2, FFXIII.

Name a fandom you know I know and I’ll tell you
1. The first character I first fell in love with
2. The character I never expected to love as much as I do now
3. The character everyone else loves that I don’t
4. The character I love that everyone else hates
5. The character I used to love but don’t any longer
6. The character I would totally smooch
7. The character I’d want to be like
8. The character I’d slap
9. A pairing that I love
10. A pairing that I despise

Fandom: FF5, 7, 8, 10, 10-2, 13

1. First character that I first fell in love with. Zell Dincht (FF8). I had a full blown crush on him for like, a month I think.


Sidenote: A character that I like that has lasted through many years till now is Rikku (FF10, FF10-2). She's incredibly adorable and so pretty in FF10-2. I believe I became who I am today because sometime in my teenage years, I tried SO HARD to behave and talk just like her. Unfortunately, I do not have her figure. Poopie.

2. The character I never expected to love as much as I do now. Bartz (FF5) started off as a very unassuming character when I first played him in Dissidia. Thought he looked very girly. Must be all the girls that he hung out with in FF5. Even in FF5 he was quite normal... until I saw fanart of Bartz, all handsome and cheerful. 

Oh gosh, I'm so superficial. It's okay, these are just games. I'm entitled to be superficial about them. But on an honest note, I think Bartz has a very nice balance of cheerful and serious person. The protagonists in the other fandoms are inching on extremes.

3. Character that everyone loves that I don't. Lightning (FF13). She's too much like Cloud. Okay, that's not the reason. She's too reserved for my liking. Yes, I know. Horrible past and all but seriously? I can only summarise her character as a big sister who is righteous in her own ways (please convince me, "Lightning Returns" game!!) Even Cloud has a little bit more depth in his character.

4. Character that I love but everyone hates. Oerba Dia Vanille (FF13). I know everyone thinks that she is too annoying and her voice is squeaky. I like her initially for her character design, but I thought she possessed a deeper personality than what she shows.

Yeah, yeah, cliche painful past behind sunny facade, but I think she made the balance quite well. She had every reason to feel pain for what had happened, and every reason to try and hide it.

5. Character that I used to love but don’t any longer. That would be Selphie (FF8). She is really perky and cute, but it was really short lived once I started playing the other FF games.

6. Character that I would totally smooch. Well, I really think I've grown out of the fangirl thing (for now). Using my answer in the previous tag, it'll still be Reno (FF7).


7. The character I’d want to be like. Here's the laundry list. 
Zack Fair (FF7) for his willpower. Aerith Gainsborough (FF7) for her sincerity. Yuna (FF10) for her beautiful eyes and gentle disposition. Rikku (FF10, 10-2) for almost everything. Lightning (FF13) for her hair. That must be some awesome hairspray.

8. The character I’d slap is Don Corneo (FF7). He is a big meanie, and picking brides every other night is totally wrong. Genesis (FF7) is also another one, for reasons that I've explained in the earlier post. 


9. A pairing that I love: Zack and Aerith (FF7). Refer to my previous post again. Even against the many pairings across the titles, theirs win. Tidus and Yuna (FF10) is a close second. Generally, I'm quite happy with the canon pairings. I just wished that Bartz and Lenna were together, I mean, I was quite sad that the story had no romance but alrighty, I'm the only hopeless romantic around here I guess... Another non-canon pairing I would LOVE to see is Gippal and Rikku (FF10-2).

10. A pairing that I despise: Lightning and Hope (FF13). No. Just no. What's wrong with these fans? They are just desperate to ship just any two people together. That's what I dislike about non-canon pairings (GippalXRikku is the ONLY exception). Well, at least pick the more natural pairings if they are not canon.

There we go, another random tag to fill up my otherwise boring and stress-filled Monday. If you guys are interested to take up the tag, do let me know what your tags are!

No comments:

Post a Comment