Sunday, January 13, 2019

Totally scoffing at the title of the post before this.

Hello everyone.

Happy new year! It's 2019, and about 2 to 3 years ago, I shamelessly began my post with "I'm back!"

And then stopped posting for a long time.

Some of the readers may have already seen my note in the two fanfictions, "The Only Exception" and "Can I Stay By Your Side?" Nevertheless, I'll post what I've written here at the end of this post. I'm still undecided if I should remove the author's note.

Anyway, a lot has happened. And as of now, I'm not writing fanfiction. Yet.

I doubt anyone is reading this blog anymore, but I'm still keeping it running because the initial idea is to just keep a record of my writing journey. So I'll be posting a lot of my woes, I guess.

And yes, I'm prepared to lose a lot of my readers. This is my second hiatus and I don't know when I'll stop writing for good.

For now, I'm taking things one step at a time.

Hope to be back on this blog with a better explanation of what had happened since my disappearance in 2016.

My author's note in the fanfiction is as follows:

10 August 2018

Dear readers of my Fanfiction stories,

It has been more than 2 years, how are you?

Since the last update, marriage, work and life required a lot more of me than what I had expected. A lot more happened that affected me emotionally too. If not for my husband, family members and friends, I don’t know how I would pull through.

I’m sorry that there was no sign of me for the last two years.

I struggled over the last two years if I should quit writing altogether. You know, close this chapter of my life that enjoyed writing and focus on my career.

However, in the recent few months, I have made some decisions in my life. This may mean that I am returning to Fanfiction.

I do not wish to make promises, but I will tell you my current plan. Fingers crossed, I will return to Fanfiction by March 2019. If I don’t return by then… well…

You, my readers, were always on my mind when it comes to writing. I told myself that if I ever were to stop writing, I need to do the decent thing and inform you. So, my quest for writing will not be over until I say it’s over.

Till then, please have faith in me that I’ll return by next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment