Monday, April 9, 2012

New Word (2): Travesty

So I have not used the previous word 'reticent' yet.

but this is my new word and I shouldn't post until I use these two words regularly. :3

trav·es·ty/ˈtravistē/

Noun:
A false, absurd, or distorted representation of something.
Verb:
Represent in such a way.
Synonyms:
noun. parody - mockery - burlesque - skit - spoof - caricature
verb. parody - burlesque

I have no idea how to use this word. The boyfriend has been using them the past few weeks and I've yet to ask him.

Okay, two words to integrate into my vocabulary!!

4 comments:

  1. You call him "The boyfriend" and not "my boyfriend"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina,
    how come Meia used Ice against Mr. King (chapter 25) but used Blizzara against Soldier (chapter 37)?
    I thought it should be more consistent? Ice-Ice2 or Blizzard-Blizzara?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, i shall refer to him as 'the boyfriend', because 'my boyfriend' is too mainstream!

    ah, about that. i use them interchangeably. i really do, this is because Ice-Ice2 is used in FF7 but Blizzard-Blizzara is used in Crisis Core. silly squareenix.

    ReplyDelete