Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Book Review (3): The Manhattan Hunt Club

I told myself that I would spend tonight relaxing. And relax I did. I committed the rest of the night to read "The Manhattan Hunt Club" by John Saul. I've read another of his books just this year, The God Project, and I thought that it was pretty good.

Here's my thoughts about The Manhattan Hunt Club (MHC). I won't spoil the story because I'm not in the good for any story summary :P

As usual, John Saul's story is rich in character background, I find that he narrates character background much better than  character portrayal. i enjoy reading how each character went through their experiences to be the character they are today. Whatever that I've mentioned in The God Project is pretty much the same.

This story has lesser twists, but still a very nice one. the twist for this story is kinda a no-brainer (but i didn't think about the story so i read it and had the entire experience without 'spoilers'), it is the sit-down-and-reflect moment that you realise how creepily possible it can happen in real life that wins it all.

okay, my brain is not working tonight. So i'll be signing off here.

Disclaimer: Despite the official term, the above book review is not a wholesome and fully critical one. The book is merely reviewed and reflected on based on story writing skills and other literary elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment