Monday, August 20, 2012

Unpublished: How to get a firefly's attention

When I was in high school, I stopped writing fanfiction. After finishing "KISS Me!", my school activities overwhelmed me (and my studies) so I stopped. It was until I wrote "A Love That Surpasses Time" that I became addicted to writing again. During which, I wrote this plot bunny while in class. I kept a notebook where I did my notes, my practice questions... and my short story ideas. This was written in 2007. Honestly? I'm quite ashamed to show this but hey, all for 'down the memory lane', huh?

I'll write out my notes, word for word, every grammatical error and immaturity revealed. I'm thinking of revamping it into a proper piece and publishing it on fanfiction.net, but for now, here's the draft. Prepare to cringe.

Oh, before I forget. This story is based on the manga, Samurai Deeper Kyo.

How to get a firefly's attention

One day, a small no. of charc from SDK decides (out of pure boredom) to see who is able to call Hotaru and get him to respond. The rule is to only call by names, no longer way used is valid.

"I think I shall be judge, since I don't know Hotaru very well." said Okuni, pouting & flipping her long hair.

"And declare Kyo as the winner?" Bontenmaru demanded. "NO WAY!"

After a heated discussion, it's concluded that Okuni & Muramasa will be the judge. Hotaru was led to one corner. "Oh... hi caterpillar" he prodded the green worm.

Competition start!

*The people who will be playing are
- Yuya
- Kyo
- Kyoshiro
- Benitora
- Shinrei
- Akira
- Sasuke
- Bontenmaru
- Yukimura
- Akari

The others, like Kyoshiro, decided to sit out. Akari was away for lunch & wasn't present.

Yuya: Hotaru-kun! Hotaru-kun!
Benitora: Hey! Hotaru!
Akira: Hey to the one sitting over there.
Kyo: Hotaru! Not responding to me? He deserves to be killed.
Bonten: Yo to the slow as poke thinker over there!
Yukimura: Hotaru! Taru-chan! Ho-chan! *heart* *heart*
Sasuke: ... i'm forced to enter the competition. I quit.
Yukimura: Aww... Sasuke chan spoilsport!
Akari: Hotaru who don't like water so much that he can go 3 days without showering? Come here?
Shinrei: My stupid half brother who always pick a fight with me but shouldn't bother because I'll always win?
Hotaru: WHAT DID YOU SAY? DO YOU WANT TO DIE!

*bicker*

All: this is only achievable by sibling r/s.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... Okay, I'm going to see how I can change this weird plot bunny into a proper-sounding one. Gosh, look at all the terrible character portrayal.

Have a good week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment