Friday, November 16, 2012

Picking On Pronounciation: Bolognese

My life has been a lie!

Or so the meme would say. I've been pronouncing 'bolognese' wrong!!!! I've been pronouncing it as 'boll-o-neez', with a silent g.

WRONG!

It's boll-o-nay-zuh. Or something like that. (anyone care to clarify?)

So. It's time to consciously make an effort to change. I should also start this series just for fun :)

To non-Singaporean readers, here's the background info: Our country is pretty diverse in culture and languages, so English is not a native language for many of us until we start formal schooling. It is pretty hard to explain to native English speakers things that they find natural. So yeah, bear with me.

In other news, I'm kind of sweeping up my labels and titles so things might change here and there.

1 comment: