Saturday, February 11, 2012

I Want To Be A Turk!: Chapter 45

Anyway, we're back to Crisis Core scenes after many many chapters :) Finally.
much to cover for this chapter so let's go!
Pam, the girl who told her amazing almost-escapade with Reno. I actually did mention Pam in Chapter 40. Initially in Chapter 40, Reno was supposed to just say he's meeting some unnamed girl. But when I wrote Chapter 44, i thought to myself, "Ah heck, might as well make this Costa del Sol girl the girl that Reno was meeting in Nibelheim." The wonderful benefits of writing chapters ahead.
Finally! I’ve been waiting for AGES to write out the scene between Cissnei and Zack. At least with the addition of Meia, it makes sense that Tseng would say ‘Heads up, Genesis copies!’ before we actually see them. To those who are clueless, when I was reading the Crisis Core playthrough, many people commented that it was a conspiracy that Tseng would know that there were Genesis copies lurking in the water before he actually saw it. XD So in comes Meia to resolve this… loophole =P
If you realize, the conversation between Cissnei and Zack is a little ‘inaccurate’. That is because for Crisis Core scenes, I referred to both the Japanese and English versions. Some sentences I feel are better portrayed in Japanese (Like Zack saying that he didn’t need suntan lotion rather than just brushing away Cissnei’s offer =X). Of course, the English translation will be first priority, but yes, some sentences are actually translated from Japanese instead.
This was one of the chapters that I was proud of because Meia could stay hidden quite well. I even used her to address the Tseng-Genesiscopies issue. Also, I just found it funny to rehearse the part where Zack was fighting the Genesis copies. (“Genesis copies?!”, “An umbrella?!” and who couldn’t miss out Tseng saying that Cissnei sounded like a summon!)
Oh yeah, about that. DMW are memories made into some sort of limit break. But I’m not going to make the characters aware of DMWs and limit breaks. In this story, it should only be a boost in confidence, or a surge of power and etc. So naturally, unlike the game, Cissnei will NOT pop up at random places saying “You can do it, Zack!” but likely she has said it to Zack sometime before. Similarly for Tseng.
And finally… Eau de Lustress… Don’t ask me what I was thinking, I seriously laughed out loud when I typed it!
Yeah, my days as a student is over. 6 weeks of school and then BAM! I'm thrown into my workplace without a day of rest! (I start work this Monday!) Thinking back, I wrote this chapter in mid December 2011. Considering the fact that I'm currently working on Chapter... (dare I say it?) 56... I did write a heck lot of chapters in the past two months. (two months... when I could've used them better for my assignments T_T)
From now on, I must don the mentality of an adult. No more childishness. No more immaturity. Yet I pray that I don't lose the ability to have fun. If anything, I hope that I don't lose my childlikeness for the sake of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment