Wednesday, December 28, 2011

just so you know...

updates on my writing on "I Want To Be A Turk!".

As some of you know, I love prefer to write at least 5-7 chapters ahead. (you didn't know? where have you been?) I'm currently finishing up the Costa del Sol scene (yes, the one shown in Crisis Core) and the Nibelheim scene (BC version) concurrently and...

I'm tired.

before you guys gasp and scream "not another incomplete story!", i just want to complain, that's all. i've been writing this story non-stop since May. Everyday (well, almost) I write a sentence or two to the story. Sometimes I get high on writing and churn out 4000 words a day (yeap, i finish chapters in a matter of hours!).

finally, after 45 chapters (yeap, I'm writing Chapter 46 now!), I'm starting to feel tired. It's really tiring to link and link and link canon details ACROSS different games. I had to switch on gunshotromance for BC content, sorumian's crisis core walkthrough and my own chapters to cross-reference, to ensure i'm not creating loopholes, to... GAHHH XD

i don't plan on giving up yet. i'm still damn determined to finish whatever i've set out to do. and damn well i want to finish this.

forgive me. it's just that the nibelheim incident, one of the BIGGEST milestones in FF7 timeline, is such a "pansy" to write. some parts of the story really flow through smoothly, then there are discrepancies between BC and CC themselves. *sigh* SquareEnix, Y U NO CHECK YOUR STORY?

anyway, the Nibelheim incident is just the tip of the iceberg to everything that I have in plan for you. I could only hope that you guys don't get bored and give up. (This is why I fight so hard to ensure I post a chapter once a week... it'll be hard to attract or keep readers if i update irregularly.)

also, I intend to cheat myself a little and jump here and there. Perhaps I'm not doing you guys enough justice, but I'll most likely cut some BC scenes and make the story go a little faster. So to those who knows their BC stuff, I intend to cut away the Wutai and Rocket Town scene. Yeah, Yuffie and Cid just got to delay their cameos a little later.

After the Nibelheim scene, which is Year 0002, I'm going to a particular BC episode in Year 0003. Then we'll jump straight into the juicy bit... when Zack escapes after being locked up for 4 years (Year 0006). Sounds good?

i've got a long battle ahead. *check Materia* i'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment