Thursday, October 20, 2011

My Writing History... Part 2

list of things that i want to say:
1. NaNoWriMo
2. China writing trip
3. Plot Bunnies

but anyway i shall talk about something else today. i remembered that i need to finish up my introduction, the one that i left off a few months ago.

I've taken many unannounced hiatuses over the years of being a fanfiction writer, but i'm glad to say that for the past year, i have yet to become missing in action. So that's good. with my graduation in the coming may, i'm not too sure whether my career will allow me to write as much. so the best (and perhaps the last) time is now. i don't want to let go till the last moment, and God forbid, i will keep writing to my last author's breath.

My writing style is kinda funny I guess? I started writing fanfiction out of a whim, but eventually after "KISS Me!", i became serious with writing and i sought to write a story that is flawless in development. actually i only want to write a story that doesn't have story loopholes but yeah, from that desire "Their Memories of Fukinara High" is birthed. I am happy that my goal was achieved, fairly at the very least.

With "I Want To Be A Turk", I set for myself two new goals:

1. To create an OC that isn't attention-grabbing and all-special like how other OC-stories can get (not that it's bad, but i want to try something different)

2. To place an OC in canon... which can only be done if the OC is completely hidden.

Have I achieved this? No. Sadly. I wish I can say Meia is as human as we are, but still... she's not, hehe. Neither is she completely hidden. But i like the way the story has developed, it's too late for me to change anyway!

Perhaps... if this story ends (i don't think it'll EVER END!), and i'm still free enough to venture, i'll try OC stories again. Plot bunnies have been invading my mind and it certainly isn't a friendly thing to behold.

(okay, i left it at that yesterday so i lost my train of thought. another time then :))

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, I think you can just let the plot bunnies continue to nest in your head xD Just as long as they don't interfere with your planned out story/the game story. Like, if it's just some random ones as fillers, I'm sure that would be fine~! ^_^

    ~TWA

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha well they do. i have complete new stories planned out in my head. hehe ^^

    ReplyDelete